Wednesday, May 1, 2013

You made me to realize the importance of teacher role in my life


ཕ་བླ་མ་མེད་པའི་གོང་རོལ་ན།།

བུ་སངས་རྒྱས་ཞེས་པའི་མིང་ཡང་མེད།།

སྐལ་པ་སྟོང་གི་སངས་རྒྱས་ཀྱང་།།

བླ་མ་དག་ལ་བསྟེན་ནས་འབྱུང་།།

No one had attained the enlightenment without a teacher, and the enlighten Buddhas are products of the teacher.



On this special day, let me wish all the teachers, carrying a sacred duty in shaping future of many students and the country a "Happy Teachers Day".  Teachers has a special place in everybody’s heart. 

I would have never realized the significant role that teachers played in my life to the journey of 17 years education received in various schools  and college had I not chosen my better half who is a teacher. The sacrifices she makes and the hardship she goes through as a teacher are the true reflection of how my teachers have taken their own shares of odds in making me what I am today. I also had an opportunity to be a temporary teacher for few months after completing my college.  Teacher occupation is not only exhaustive physically but mentally as well. 


Of late, observing my spouse, she keeps worrying about her students more than our kids.  I found her carrying notebooks to home for corrections which goes till late night. In between she has to prepare her lesson plans for next day not for one class but for two to three different standards, and plans for co-curricular activities and then she has to prepare teaching materials which is an every day routine for her.  When she returns home from the school I see her cloths covered with chalk powder.  At times I even said her to quit the job. To my surprise, I never see her complaining let alone quitting her job.  She remains energetic everyday with fresh excitement each day when she goes to school . Teachers have their weekend holidays hardly. 

Her dedication to the profession unlike other civil servants like us who has no patience for even a small issue have made me to realize the teachers’ innate ability in building the nation.

Back at home she always try to find time for our children, cooking different meals and telling stories to kids before they go to sleep. Had I been in her place I must have reconsidered myself to be in the teaching profession.  Oh! did I really gone overboard in praising my better half to express teachers' agony.

So to cut short of long, I would like to thank all teachers for being inspiration through a multi-face role  for many young lives. You are doctor, parents, police, judge and many more.  Above all, I am proud of you all for playing various role and making students to realize their own capability to lead their future and being a magnifying glass to students to see their future clearly.

Teachers truly deserved to be praised with heartfelt gratitude for fulfilling aspirations of our wise leaders and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday June 19, 2020 Kengkhar’s innovative craftsman The remote gewog of Kengkhar in Monggar, known for producing the finest  palang ...