Sunday, August 25, 2013

Forgotten Anniversary


On Monday, 26th August 2013, I opened my notebook after a week of an intensive official works. To my surprise, the message reads as follows in my wife’s timeline (Facebook) posted on 22nd August 2013:

“Tomorrow will be my happy anniversary with the one i love so much. I hope every thing remain same although life is so much carried away by ups n downs. Do u knw frends even harsh words n the unappopriate words spoken to us vanishes when u think of those happiest days. For me i treasure the day more than anything. So when u are so upset try to remember the happy day u ve gone through and things will be alright soon”.  
Another line reads (posted on 24th August 2013, 11:32 pm):

“Frends, m extremly sorry to make u all wish for my anniversary on 24 august. To tell u all frankly my lovable person seemed so ignorant of the day i mean i was the only one who cheered the day. Dnt u all feel funny of my interesting day. I almost felt like hanging and suicide there tey ha ha... Life is so interesting some times”.

After reading the messages, I felt bad and disgusted, dumbfounded and blank, in drawing any imagination. I was guilty myself. I have never realized that I was too engaged  to office works and even forgotten to wish my 11th anniversary with her. I commented hesitantly the following on her facebook status:

 I am extremely sorry!!! I have not noticed my self how busy I was for last one week had you not reminded me of our anniversary. I know i have met special person in my life to celebrate each moment with specialty. I always love you.


While I know I was busy with office work to fill my tummy, it was so ridiculous of me to not to have a minute-break to think back of family life. I regretted for not been able to give a special attention to the special person in my life on special day. From there, I promised myself to  set an alarm in my heart for the same occasion. Nevertheless, I always cherish each moment I live with her. 


 (Views expressed are only personal and doesn't reflect any individual or institution stands including organization i work. No lines will be quoted unless permission is granted by author).

2 comments:

  1. Interesting piece! keep loving!

    Wai, I have created a blog recently as an academic requirement. Pl visit and leave a comment at http://www.chokitshewang.blogspot.com.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choki Tshewang, yea i have gone through your blog. NIce piece on WTO

    ReplyDelete

Friday June 19, 2020 Kengkhar’s innovative craftsman The remote gewog of Kengkhar in Monggar, known for producing the finest  palang ...