Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pray with your heart, the answer is always true

I am fully blessed with two daughters and I had always kept my feet on the ground over having another boy child in my family. Back then, my wife gave birth with cesarean to two daughters and having another child  has to be seriously examine from various angle; because record shows on the serious maternal morbidity increase with number of cesarean deliveries. This has absolutely detached my dream of having son despite encourages from people who lives healthy out of three times cesarean. I was completely against having another child in my family in support of my wife’s health. Nevertheless, my prayers have been lying deep within the true heart.
With the passing time, I started worrying when my wife was tested positive pregnancy. Unlike in the past, I began reading lines about cesarean and neither of the lines fully approves the idea of third time cesarean nor does single paragraph declare about not being able to deliver with third cesarean.  I  and my went to consult gynecologist out of no solutions and to our astonishment, the gynecologist endorsed it with the utmost confidence that my wife can smoothly have a third child.
On 27th May, 37 weeks with the pregnancy, Doctor found High Blood Pressure in my wife's routine checkup and she was admitted in the hospital. We stayed in the hospital for almost 10 nights with strict rules and regulations like  food to be taken and eaten at designated time and place. During these long days in the hospital, neither my wife nor I talked about preferred gender of the new baby.   We also didn’t ask doctor to share us.  However, my prayers have been always lying deep in the heart that a baby boy could compliment my already beautiful family with my two lovely daughters.  
On the Wednesday, 5th June 2013, they took my wife to the Operation Theater(OT). In due course and waiting outside OT, I started feeling nervous and worried especially when patients started coming out from OT who was taken after my wife.  It took almost two hours plus and I didn’t know the limit of joy when a nurse handed me over the baby boy with her congratulation remark! I am thankful to all the doctors and nurses involved in making this wonderful thing happen without any mishap especially to my wife's health and ofcourse for the baby boy!

my daughter is welcoming her brother






The prayers have come true and thanked “Kenechosum” for the wonderful gift. I said same prayers as i did when my wife gave birth to my two daughters “he is being sent to earth with no defilement such as attachment, anger, ego etc. , and let him continue his life with immeasurable joy and realization without dipping into those defilements”. I would also like to thank to all the well-wishers and especially to my two lovely daughters and sisters, Dr. Yeshi Penjor and Rixin Jamtsho for kind support during this difficult period. 









(Views expressed are personal and doesn't reflect any individual or institution's stand including organization)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday June 19, 2020 Kengkhar’s innovative craftsman The remote gewog of Kengkhar in Monggar, known for producing the finest  palang ...